characteristics of www

From: Ville P.J. Koskinen (vkoskine@lce.hut.fi)
Date: Sun, Aug 01 1999

Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 23:59:07 -0400
To: www-wca@w3.org
From: "Ville P.J. Koskinen" <vkoskine@lce.hut.fi> (by way of Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>)
Subject: characteristics of www

Any ideas on this one?

Henrik

*****

  Dear Mr. Frystyk,

  I'm a student in Helsinki University of Technology and I have been
researching HTTP requests. I have tried to find some kind of statistics on
HTTP traffic but I have found good results only on the reply size and
popularity of the documents. I have not found any results concerning the
contents of documents requested. I thought if you knew where I could find
some data or distributions concerning any characteristic of HTTP request
or HTML document.

 Yours Sincerely,
 Ville Koskinen

 Helsinki University of Technology/	Office:	+358 9  451 4903
 Laboratory of Computional Engineering	GSM:	+358 40 544 2333
 Miestentie 3				Home:	+358 9  468 3277
 P.O.Box 9400
 FIN-02015 HUT