Re: Please try completely new repository interface

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@w3.org)
Date: Sat, Jul 17 1999

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:09:08 -0400
To: Marc Abrams <abrams@vt.edu>, "www-wca@w3.org" <www-wca@w3.org>, Hussein Suleman <hussein@vt.edu>
From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Please try completely new repository interface

At 17:57 15/07/1999 -0400, Marc Abrams wrote:
>Hussein Suleman <hussein@vt.edu> has entirely reimplemented the repository.
>Please look at this temporary url by the Friday WCA phone call to give your
>feedback:
>
>dime.dlib.vt.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/hussein/index.pl

A quick couple of comments (sorry for the shortness but I am on a dialup
from Denmark):

* How can I make comments and links to an entry? Sort of like what you can
do with links and issues in ETA:

	http://www.w3.org/Talks/1999/07/eta/slide6-0.html

In other words, is the URI of an entry stable?

* Can you have relevant links to outside the repository and can these be
listed within the repository?

* Is it possible to get any notification when new data in entered?

* Can the classification of a trace (CLF) be a URI to a description of that
format (if this in fact is what is intended)?

Thanks!

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,