Re: Minutes from telecon July 16, 14:00 EST

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@w3.org)
Date: Sat, Jul 17 1999

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:48:24 -0400
To: Johan Hjelm <hjelm@w3.org>, www-wca@w3.org
From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Minutes from telecon July 16, 14:00 EST

At 21:08 16/07/1999 +0200, Johan Hjelm wrote:
>Johan took the chair, in Jims absence

I was at the IETF meeting in Oslo and hence could not attend the meeting.

It is very certain that automatable scenarios is in very high demand -
there are two initiatives that immediately come to mind: the new work on
congestion management between peers and also the upcoming work on
multiplexing connections.

However, both are just in the start up phase and so I think the best thing
to do is to get in contact with people involved and start looking at how we
can benefit from each other.

Also, I strongly believe we need a fully operational repository linked to
the tracking system before we can promote the WCA work for real. Our
current target of the next IETF meeting in DC (plenary for examples) is the
right place.

>Last call discussion on WCA repository, UI, XML encoding, validation, etc
>Mark: Email yesterday about the reimplemented repository. Take a look at
>it, mail comments to list. (Johan: Or use ETA, I tried to create a forum
>but did not succeed - we can still use the general WCA issues forum at
>http://cgi.w3.org/ETA/issuesList.php3/wca/).

The instructions for creting a new forum is at

	http://www.w3.org/Tools/ETA/src/INSTALL.html#Creating

(it requires direct access to the machine on which it is running)

I just created a document review forum which you can find at

	http://cgi.w3.org/ETA/issuesList.php3/wca/documents/

>WWW 9
>Johan: I just wanted to point out that the WWW9 conference is coming up -
>the deadline for papers is November 22. This may seem far away, but after
>your vacation it is time to start writing. Also, the organisers have not
>quite decided on the conference layout yet, but they are very favourable to
>the idea of themed tracks, I am told. I was wondering if we should have a
>WCA track.

I think that would be an excellent idea - and by then we will have much
more data to present in an organized manner.

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium