Fwd: Request to Attend President's Council on Y2K Internet Readiness Roundtable

From: Jim Gettys (jg@pa.dec.com)
Date: Fri, Jul 09 1999

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:02:33 -0700
From: jg@pa.dec.com (Jim Gettys)
To: www-wca@w3.org
Cc: mogul@pa.dec.com
Subject: Fwd: Request to Attend President's Council on Y2K Internet Readiness Roundtable

Jeff Mogul produced some data 18 months ago or so on the fraction of traffic
that had 2 digit date fields: it was surprisingly high then (something
like 15 or 20% from what I remember).

But implementations have been deploying since then that use 4 digit dates.
I'd expect the current traffic to be very much lower.

I've been invited to this thing in Washington.  Is there any more
recent data from anyone's proxy logs on the fraction of traffic using
the deprecated dates?  Also having a breakdown by server type would
be useful.  Are any major sites broken?  Any still significantly deployed
servers broken?  Any information about whether proxies are "doing things
right"?

I need this data in time for the meeting, whose invitation is attached...
                        Thanks greatly,
                                - Jim Gettys
--
Jim Gettys