Re: Log tools

From: Johan Hjelm (
Date: Mon, May 03 1999

Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 20:31:50 +0200
To: "Bradford L. Barrett" <>
From: Johan Hjelm <>
Subject: Re: Log tools

At 14:24 1999-05-03 -0400, Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
>I have looked over the proposed metrics you mention, and while some are
>completely within the scope of what a typical log analysis tool could
>measure, some are not.  I did not see a great deal of 'recommended
>methods' on how to measure these metrics either, other than very vague
>'generic' suggestions on where the data would come from.
We'd be interested in your input on this, of course. How would you
structure the list, and what would you include?

                     Johan HJELM
       Ericsson Research, User Applications Group
         Currently visiting engineer at the W3C
             The World Wide Web Consortium
    Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-253-9630
   MIT/LCS, 545 Tech. Sq. Cambridge MA 02139 USA
        opinions are personal, always my own,
  and not necessarily those of Ericsson or the W3C.