log formats

From: Martin F. Arlitt (arlitt@hpl.hp.com)
Date: Mon, Apr 26 1999

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:02:02 +0000
From: "Martin F. Arlitt" <arlitt@hpl.hp.com>
To: www-wca@w3.org
Subject: log formats

One of my co-workers (John Dilley) attended the 4th Web Caching Workshop in San
Diego at the start of April.  John told me that during the workshop the issue of
log formats came up a number of times.  Since the squid people are heavily
involved in this workshop, they may take steps to address the suggested changes.
I think that the W3C should get involved before any changes are made, in order
that we can have some say in any new common format that is developed and deployed
in a popular product such as squid.  I would like to hear any comments from the
group on this topic.  I have attached some of John's comments on what was
discussed at the workshop.

Martin