Re: Three categories of log files

From: Marc Abrams (abrams@vt.edu)
Date: Mon, Apr 26 1999

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:31:43 -0400
From: Marc Abrams <abrams@vt.edu>
CC: www-wca@w3.org
Subject: Re: Three categories of log files

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> The discussion of certified vs. uncertified logs made me realize that there
> in fact are three categories and not just two:
>
> 1) certified entries which have passed a set of tests and we can recommend
> 2) entries that failed the certification test
> 3) entries that haven't been processed yet

How exactly shall we handle category 3?  I can see a couple of ways:

- No record in repository of any traces until the certification process is
complete (and traces then fall into 1 or 2).

- A repository record saying that trace is awaiting processing, but without a
pointer to the actual trace (so that no one uses the trace before
certification).

Comments?

--
Marc Abrams, Associate Professor
  508 McBryde Hall, Dept. of Computer Science, Virginia Tech