Three categories of log files

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@w3.org)
Date: Fri, Apr 23 1999

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:32:24 -0400
To: www-wca@w3.org
From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Subject: Three categories of log files

The discussion of certified vs. uncertified logs made me realize that there
in fact are three categories and not just two:

1) certified entries which have passed a set of tests and we can recommend
2) entries that failed the certification test
3) entries that haven't been processed yet

1) should clearly be in the repository. 3) obviously can't be in the
repository but I strongly believe that 2) should be in the repository as
well indicating:

	- why they didn't pass
	- how serious the errors are
	- how they can be avoided in the future

This allows for the following:

	- other people can verify our certification
	- other people can learn from previous mistakes

Comments?

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,