Just what is a certified log? and who certifies it?

From: Brodsky, Lloyd (Lloyd.Brodsky@Thomson.com)
Date: Tue, Apr 20 1999

From: "Brodsky, Lloyd" <Lloyd.Brodsky@Thomson.com>
To: "'www-wca@w3.org'" <www-wca@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:27:47 -0400
Subject: Just what is a certified log? and who certifies it?

Forgive me if this is a well-understood term in your domain, but it's not in
mine. A certified log could range from anything from a third party trusted
logging service to the interactive division of Audit Bureau of Circulations
(at least one of our operating units is certified by them) to a mere
assertion that your logs were kept in accordance with yet-to-be-established
WCA or the already-existent CASIE measurement principles.

-----
Lloyd Brodsky, Senior Researcher
Thomson Labs, Office of the Chief Technology Officer
The Thomson Corporation
1375 Piccard Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Voice: 301-548-4044  Fax: 301-527-4032