Re: Namelist continued

Hi,

I'm making the final fixes to my scxml interpreter. to make it compliant
with the testcase suite. Currently there is only four testcases that fail
for xpath, 241, 244, 240 and 354. (240, and 354 uses the strange
data/data/data syntax)

241 uses $var1 in namelist and of invoke and tries to match to var1 in
invoked machine. So from your comments earlier I think that 241 and 244
shall fail for Xpath?

Thanks again for you great job, and your patient replies.

/Jon

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Jon Kerny <jon.kerny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the clarification. I think that part of my confusion came from
> that it wasn't useful in the xpath model and thus it didn't make sense to
> me, and I felt that there was something I didn't understand.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /Jon
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Jim Barnett <1jhbarnett@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One further thought on the XPath data model and namelist.   The XPath
>> data model  _could_ be modified to say "for the purposes of passing a
>> namelist into invoke, the namelist attribute '$foo' shall be considered to
>> match <data id="foo"/>.    We didn't do that, because we didn't expect
>> 'namelist' to be useful everywhere. However, the XPath data mode is not
>> part of the final specification, and is thus not a 'standard' at all, so
>> people working with it have some flexibility.
>>
>> - Jim
>>
>> On 9/26/2015 9:12 AM, Jon Kerny wrote:
>>
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> I saw that there previously has been some discussions about the
>>> namelist, and that at least in some parts my questions has been adressed.
>>> But I feel that this is quite complicated.
>>>
>>> In my understanding, namelist is a shorthand for param, but this name
>>> thing makes it more complicated than param where name is set explicitly in
>>> code.
>>>

>>> Here are some examples I'd like to get comments on:
>>>
>>> What would be the names in an Xpath scxml if the following location
>>> expressions was used in a namelist?
>>>
>>> $var1
>>> $var1/children
>>> $var1/children[last()]
>>> ancestor::$var1/children[last()]"
>>>
>>> If the target of the invoke/send is an ecmascript scxml with the var1 as
>>> a top most id what would the result be?
>>>
>>> If it instead is a xpath scxml what would be the result?
>>>
>>> And in the opposite direction, what would the names of an ecmascript
>>> datamodel be for the following location expressions in namelist?
>>> var1
>>> var1.children