RE: Thoughts and thanks as the VBWG comes to a close

I have been away from the group for a long time, but have great admiration
for all you have accomplished.  What I enjoyed most about my time on the
Working Group was how deep and lasting friendships formed through the
camaraderie of trying to solve challenging technical problems by
consensus.  Jim, Dan and Scott navigated the challenges of building
consensus among such a large group with patience, kindness and periodic
doses of tough love at just the right times.

I'll never forget debating markup in the Soviet military headquarters
building in Prague while Jim sat on the table to make Gadi stop talking, or
Dan returning his steak 4 times in France because the French were unwilling
to cook it through, or helping TV Raman navigate the cobblestones of
Budapest to find a Greek meal, or sharing a drink with Scott in awe of the
fact that Sweden runs fiber to most homes, or trying to comprehend that
2,000 Lira equaled one dollar in Italy, or simply sipping orange juice on
the patio of the Sofitel in Cannes looking out over the Mediterranean.

You all expanded my understanding of both the world of technology and the
world in general in a way I can only hope to pay forward some day.

Cheers,
Brad