Re: Child states exited, not re-entered after targetless transition in parent state

Yes, this is  another bug in the algorithm.  The text makes it clear
that targetless transitions do not exit or enter any states. However the
algorithm currently exits child states of the state containing the
targetless transition.  (enterStates is correct, and does not enter any
states, but the result is an illegal configuration.)

I think that the solution is to fix computeExitSet by adding an explicit
test for target/targetless transitions as follows:

function computeExitSet(transitions)
    statesToExit = new OrderedSet
      for t in transitions:
        if(getTargetSet(t.target))
           domain = getTransitionDomain(t)
           for s in configuration:
              if isDescendant(s,domain):
                statesToExit.add(s)
    return statesToExit

While we're at it, we should also change getTransitionDomain so that it
returns null for a targetless transition.  This isn't strictly needed,
given the new version of computeExitSet, but the current version returns
the source state of the transition for targetless transitions.  If the
targetless transition is a child  of a <parallel> element, this will be
the <parallel> element, but getTransitionDomain is supposed to return a
compound state.

function getTransitionDomain(t)
   tstates = getTargetStates(t.target)
   if not tstates
       return null
     elif t.type == "internal" and isCompoundState(t.source) and tstates.every(lambda s: isDescendant(s,t.source)):
       return t.source
   else:
       return findLCCA([t.source].append(tstates))

--
Jim Barnett
Genesys