RE: The Candidate Recommendation draft of SCXML has been published - call for implementation reports

As for tests 286 and 311, they do test they same thing, but they are based on two different assertions, one from section 5.4 and the other from section 5.9.  In general, we try to make every normative statement only once in the spec, but there are cases where a bit of repetition makes the spec easier to understand.  In such cases, we will end up with duplicate tests.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: David Junger [mailto:tffy@free.fr]
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:14 AM
To: Voice Public List
Subject: Re: The Candidate Recommendation draft of SCXML has been published - call for implementation reports

Some initial comments on the tests:

Tests 496 and 577 can be found if you just add the missing 'test' before the number.
Otherwise, 404 errors as Stefan said.

193: why does it now test with the basichttp IOproc instead of regular SCXML? the assertion on the IRP page doesn't say anything about that.
Same for 577. I suppose ONE of those is intended to test basichttp?

233: the XSLT produces cond="" which is always false (I'm using the same tool as Stefan).

286, 311, 331, 401, 402: I thought we agreed that, in the ECMAScript datamodel, assignment to an undeclared property of an existing object would NOT raise an error since ECMAScript itself is perfectly fine with that. The test should try assignment to e.g. "Var1.undefinedProperty" to guarantee an error.

286 and 311 seem to test the exact same thing.

557 and others: beside testing the actual assertion, these tests use <data src> which I have decided not to implement in JSSC. What I do in these cases is to remove the part that uses <data src> and use the result of the modified test, so you know if JSSC actually supports the tested feature (e.g. parsing XML data in 557), whereas using the original test would always fail and require a comment whose information is better expressed by the failure of the test that actually tests for <data src>.
Alternatively, I could rewrite the <data src> part to use <jssc:fetch>.
Anyway, I don't expect you to change the tests, just tell me what you'd prefer that I do about this.

561: the comment in the file and assertion on the IRP page say it tests JSON parsing, but the actual code still tests XML parsing, as in previous versions of this file.

			David