Re: The Candidate Recommendation draft of SCXML has been published - call for implementation reports

Le 17 mar 2014 à 16:25, Jim Barnett <jim.barnett@genesys.com> a écrit :

> Test286, etc.  The relevant language in the spec is in C.2.7: " When evaluating an <assign> element in the ECMAScript data model, the SCXML Processor MUST replace the existing value at 'location' with the value produced by evaluating 'expr'. If it is unable to do so (for example, if the <assign> element attempts to assign to a read-only attribute), it MUST place the error error.execution on the internal event queue."
> In PySCXML, test286 passes as written.  Does this mean that Johan's implementation specifically tests for an undefined var and raises an error, or is there a difference in his ECMAScript implementation?

We arrived at the current wording some time ago after I raised the issue.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2013JanMar/0010.html

It is quite fundamental in ECMAScript, in fact the object-oriented part of it would be nearly impossible without assignments to undeclared properties.
I suppose Johan implemented the behavior described in earlier drafts and hasn't updated that part of PySCXML since the change.

			David