From: Stefan Radomski [mailto:radomski@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:36 PM
To: www-voice@w3.org (www-voice@w3.org)
Subject: Some issues with IRP Tests

Hi there,

we are preparing for the IRP and just updated the tests. Now there are a couple of issues:

404 Not Found:
These are linked from http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/ but not found:

http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/446/test446.txml
http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/459/test459.txml
http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/545/tests545.txml
http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/496/496.txml
http://www.w3.org/Voice/2013/scxml-irp/577/577.txml

Test159:
The XSLT transformation will create an invalid send element in line 9: <send event="thisWillFail" conf:illegaltarget=""/<conf:illegaltarget=%22"/>>. It used to create 'target="baz"' some versions ago. We are using the saxon9he.jar XSLT implementation as it's the only free-of-charge XSLT2.0 implementation available cross-platform we found.

Test179:

The relevant sections from the recommendation candidate are:

--
5.6 <content>
5.6.2 Children

6.2 <send>
6.2.3 Children
<content>. The SCXML Processor must evaluate this element when the parent <send> element is evaluated and pass the resulting data to the external service when the message is delivered.

C Data Models
C.2 The ECMAScript Data Model
C.2.6 <content>
When <content> is a child of <send>, the interpretation of its value depends on the Event I/O Processor.

6.2.5 The Type of Send
If neither the 'type' nor the 'typeexpr' is defined, the SCXML Processor must assume the default value of http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#SCXMLEventProcessor.

D.1 SCXML Event I/O Processor
The 'data' field of the event raised in the receiving session must contain a copy of the data specified in the 'namelist' attribute or in <param> or <content> elements in the sending session. The nature of the copy operation depends on the data model in question. [...] The format of the 'data' field will depend on the data model of the receiving session.
--

I am not too sure what to make of it, as C.2.6 tells me to look at the I/O Processor (which is the SCXML one as no type is given) and D.1 tells me it depends on the receiving datamodel (ecmascript as we send it to ourselves). Reads like a circular specification.

Am I right to assume that an interpreter should evaluate the content of <content> as an expression of the datamodel (which is somewhat implied by the test and allows for JSON)? If that's the case, is there a difference between the text content of <content> and the value of the "expr" attribute in this case? But what about e.g. test 562, where a space normalized string is to be created - how would I differentiate the two case?

Test519 (related 520, 531, 534):
Where is the format for HTTP requests via the basichttp I/O processor defined? Test assumes 'Varparam1=1' in the raw message, but the SCXML RC does not specify anything to this effect - did I miss/overread something? The IRP manifest declares them as optional, but we'd still like to pass them.

Best regards
Stefan

---
FB20 Telecooperation | Darmstadt University of Technology
Hochschulstr. 10 | D-64289 Darmstadt Germany | Room S2|02 / A108
Tel +49 (6151) 16-6670 | Fax +49 (6151) 16-3052