Re: Change to SCXML Test 298

On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Gavin Kistner <phrogz@me.com> wrote:
> I think that in test 298 perhaps this code:
>    <donedata>
>     <param conf:name="3" conf:location="2"/>
>     </donedata>
>
> should be changed to this:
>    <donedata>
>     <param conf:name="3" conf:invalidLocation=""/>
>     </donedata>
>
> Per previous discussions, just because a location was not predeclared does not make it invalid in all data models. (Right?)
>
> Perhaps there should further be an invalidName, perhaps tested independently. (Perhaps there already is and I’ve not yet reached that test :)

Actually, I wish to change this suggestion. invalidLocation is for *writing* to an invalid location during <assign>. In this case (and in test 343) we want to READ from an invalid location for param. As such I would recommend instead conf:invalidParamLocation for both tests.

(In my very permissive data model, I am able to create an invalid location for <assign> by using a system variable, e.g. starting with underscore. This is valid for reading, however, and so I need another, different technique to simulate this.)