Re: On <scxml> not being a <state>

From: David Junger <tffy@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:24:08 +0100
To: "VBWG Public (www-voice@w3.org)" <www-voice@w3.org>
Le 20 feb 2013 à 04:46, Gavin Kistner a écrit :

> I need to not immediately boot into the restored state. I need to be in a "splash screen" state while certain boot-up procedures happen. Only once all is ready does my application inject a system.initialized event into the system, and then one of multiple transitions responding to that event _might_ cause the state to be restored (depending on which conditional transition is taken).

If your interpreter is dynamic enough, you can extend transitions with a 'targetexpr' attribute just like in <send>. That would allow you to grab the list of targets from wherever you want (e.g. from the _event.data associated with that 'system.initialized' event) without much effort, and that extension is handy in other contexts (if you're willing to sacrifice some performance of course - dynamic transitions can't be compiled).

			David