Re: again a bad initial target in the SCXML document example

From: David Junger <tffy@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:37:47 +0100
To: "VBWG Public (www-voice@w3.org)" <www-voice@w3.org>
Le 13 feb 2013 à 11:19, spam.spam.spam.spam@free.fr a écrit :

> In the G.3 [1] section, I can read:
> '<state id="on">
>        <transition target="idle"/>'
>
> As this is a transition without condition or event, I guess that this is an initial transition.
> So, the correct way to do this is:
> '<state id="on">
>      <initial>
>        <transition target="idle"/>
>      </initial>'
>
> Is it true ?

This time, there is a difference and you are right. Not for a formal reason but a semantic one. There are sibling eventless transitions after that transition to "idle", and they will never get to be enabled.

Anyway, in both cases the eventless transition to the first child could be removed since the first child is the default initial child.

			David