Memory element

From: chris nuernberger <cnuernber@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:24:53 -0700
To: "VBWG Public (www-voice@w3.org)" <www-voice@w3.org>
A slightly different element that we could perhaps consider would be a
<memory> element.

It would have the same deep/shallow semantics of history but you would have
commands from the scripting system explicitly to store.  Aside from only
storing information if explicitly asked to, it would function just as a
history node.  It would probably be required to have a transition inside it.

On that note, I am somewhat surprised that history nodes are not required
to have a transition inside them for if they are targetted and have no
history.

In any case I think there are use cases for <memory/> that may be
interesting/useful with more complex UI metaphors.

Chris

--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson