RE: sendid

I agree with both of Dan's points.  Let's please focus on getting the spec done, and not on changes that might be nice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Burnett [mailto:dburnett@voxeo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:40 PM
To: Jim Barnett
Cc: David Junger; Voice Public List
Subject: Re: sendid

Jim and David,

As chair of the Voice Browser Working Group, I'd like to very strongly suggest that we not make changes to SCXML at this point that are not absolutely necessary.

The first Working Draft of SCXML was published in late 2005, which must make this specification one of the longest-to-complete in W3C history.

I recommend to you both that David's proposal for changing how sendid works be considered for the next version of SCXML after this one.  There has been enough interest in this specification that a) it will be valuable to finish it soon, and b) there will likely be enough interest for a version 2.0.  Let's get it done!

Daniel C. Burnett