RE: XPath expression in test568

Sorry, I mean the .txml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barnett [mailto:Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 9:33 AM
To: Stefan Radomski; www-voice@w3.org (www-voice@w3.org)
Subject: RE: XPath expression in test568

Yes, I think that's a bug in the test.  It should use the [@name=...] form.  However I don't think that the short form ...[@name='scxml']... will work.  It will have to be [@name='http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#SCXMLEventProcessor'].

These long names for send types and event i/o processors are a nuisance.  When we discussed this in the group, we thought that the W3C would want us to do something like this to guarantee that names were unique and unambiguous (and at least by using URIs we don't have to go through the bureaucratic hassle of adding names to a registry somewhere.)  The spec does allow platforms to define short-form names in addition to the URIs, so that it's legal to support <send type='scxml'.../>, but you must also support the full url form.  So your platform could have an entry <processor name="scxml".../>, but it must also support the full URL syntax.  Since that's what's mandatory, I think that the test has to use it.

I'll update the .xslt file.

- Jim