scxml.xsd fails with xmllint tool

From: Jacob Beard <jbeard4@cs.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:51:13 -0500
To: www-voice <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to use the SCXML xsd [0] to validate a very basic SCXML
file [1] using the xmllint command line validation tool. xmllint
reports the following errors while attempting to parse the SCXML
schema:

jbeard@jbeard-VirtualBox:~/workspace/scion/src/test/basic$ xmllint
--noout --schema http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml.xsd
basic0.scxml
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-external.xsd:69: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.send.type':
The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-external.xsd:119: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type
'scxml.finalize.type': The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:89: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.scxml.type':
The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:119: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.state.type':
The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:153: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.onentry.type':
The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:168: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.onexit.type':
The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:187: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type
'scxml.transition.type': The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:214: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type
'scxml.parallel.type': The content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:281: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.if.type': The
content model is not determinist.
http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml-module-core.xsd:340: element
complexType: Schemas parser error : complex type 'scxml.foreach.type':
The content model is not determinist.
WXS schema http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml.xsd failed to compile

I was wondering if scxml.xsd is known to work, and if so, whether
someone could recommend a validator?

Thanks,

Jake

[0] http://www.w3.org/2011/04/SCXML/scxml.xsd