Re: Potential Bug in scxml Interpreter-Algorithm

The following example will reproduce the bug. I attach also a trace of
the output of my implementation.

After start the configuration will be:

{TopState, State1, State11}

Sending event TO_STATE12
Leaving state State11
Fire transition State11->State12
Entering state State12

Sending event TO_STATE22
Leaving state State12
Leaving state State1
Fire transition State12->State22
Entering state State2
Entering state State22

Sending event STATE22_TO_HISTORY
Leaving state State22
Leaving state State2
Fire transition State22->S1History
Entering state TopState
Entering state State1
Entering state State12

You can see that we enter TopState which is not correct. This is caused
by the follwoing code:

if isHistoryState(state):
   if historyValue[state.id]:
     for s in historyValue[state.id]:
       addStatesToEnter(s,statesToEnter,statesForDefaultEntry)
         for anc in getProperAncestors(s,state):
           statesToEnter.add(anc)

For state = S1History and s = State12 getProperAncestors(State12,
S1History) will not stop at S1History since it is no direct ancestor of
State12 so it will add TopState to the states to enter.

This is the scxml code:

<scxml initial="StateMachineInitial">
  <state id="TopState">
    <state id="State2">
      <state id="State21">
        <transition event="STATE21_TO_HISTORY" target="S1History"/>
      </state>
      <state id="State22">
        <transition event="STATE22_TO_HISTORY" target="S1History"/>
      </state>
      <initial>
        <transition target="State21"/>
      </initial>
    </state>
    <initial>
      <transition target="State1"/>
    </initial>
    <state id="State1">
      <state id="State12">
        <transition event="TO_STATE22" target="State22"/>
        <transition event="TO_STATE11" target="State11"/>
      </state>
      <state id="State11">
        <transition event="TO_STATE21" target="State21"/>
        <transition event="TO_STATE12" target="State12"/>
      </state>
      <history id="S1History" type="deep">
        <transition target="State11"/>
      </history>
      <initial>
        <transition target="State11"/>
      </initial>
    </state>
    <transition event="END" target="StateMachineFinal"/>
  </state>
  <state id="StateMachineInitial">
    <transition target="TopState"/>
  </state>