Summary of Summer VBWG F2F meeting

From: Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:58:18 -0400
To: www-voice@w3.org
On June 22-24, 2011, the Voice Browser Working Group held its summer face-to-face meeting in Orlando, Florida, hosted by Voxeo.

Here are the highlights:

VoiceXML:
- we have decided to dramatically simplify VoiceXML 3.  We will be removing the complex and confusing descriptions of Resources, Resource Controllers, and Semantic Events to make clearer the changes from VoiceXML 2.1.  A draft at least partially reflecting these changes is expected to be published this month.

SCXML:
- the group had a working session, making progress on both test assertions and some initial test writing.

New website:
- the Voice Browser Working Group has a new website which will hopefully be more useful for people looking for information about our group and its specifications.

Possible new work:
- the Working Group is considering beginning work on a standard for Statistical (N-gram) Language Models.  If you are interested in contributing to this work, please feel free to send me an email.

Our next face-to-face meeting will be at the Technical Plenary in Santa Clara.

Dan Burnett, Chair
Voice Browser Working Group