SCXML question

From: <david@davidwdrell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:24:12 -0800
To: www-voice@w3.org
I am brand new to this list so please excuse me if I am asking a well-worn
question.

I am writing a graphical state chart editor plugin for QtCreator to
generate scxml(and then hopefully build a state machine visual debugger
connecting to Qt QStateMachine's).

I am merging visual chart state & transition graphics position/size/paths
etc into the scxml by merging SVG semantics so that the human readable
graphical chart info is preserved.

For example, a transition would have a path associated with it:

      <transition target="Test1">
      <path d="m 100 100  300 100  200 300 "
               fill="red" stroke="blue" stroke-width="3" />
      </transition>

Is anyone working on a version of scxml to support visual chart information?

I assume that strictly compliant scxml parsers would ignore my additions.
Is this a reasonable assumption?

thank you in advance for feedback.

David