[scxml] Support for Rhapsody/Statemate special "timeout" event

From: Jacob Beard <jbeard4@cs.mcgill.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 01:36:21 +0200
To: www-voice <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi,

>From reading the specification, it seems that the SCXML does not
natively support the special "timeout" event described in Harel's
paper "The Rhapsody Semantics of Statecharts"[0]. It seems to me that
it may be possible to achieve similar or identical semantics in SCXML
by using the send element and delay attribute. I was wondering if
anyone had fully explored this possibility, or whether the SCXML
working group had considered adding the timeout event to the SCXML
specification.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could offer into this. Thanks,

Jacob Beard

[0] http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.3.6949