Re: April CCXML: test case conflicts with ECMA rules - ISSUE-677

From: Chris Davis <davisc@iivip.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:11:25 -0500
To: devans@invores.com
CC: rj@voxeo.com, www-voice@w3.org
>>Regarding the IR test we will send out a modified version of the session scope
>>test that should work around this issue for review later today or tomorrow.

RJ,

This is great news.

One quick thought on concerns anyone might have about "behavior" differences:

You are most likely to run into portability issues between a FAST
parse model vs. the line by line(LBL) if you use poor programming
practices when writing the CCXML such as 1:

<assign name="x" expr="3"/>
<var name="x"/>

or 2:

<var name="id" expr="'whatever'"/> <!-- bad because id is a session var in ccxml -->

Both of the above would be flagged during peer review at our little office...

If you have poor app-writing, you probably will also fail to answer calls and
start/terminate dialogs correctly, even if you are processing LBL.

--
Chris Davis
Interact Incorporated R&D