Re: April CCXML: variable not declared in 6_3

From: Chris Davis <davisc@iivip.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:37:07 -0500
To: www-voice <www-voice@w3.org>
Petr,

If you do not have "STRICT" as part of your javascript engine
configuration this test will work
as "loose" javascript does not require variables to be declared before
assignment.

If CCXML is going to require "STRICT" javascript I suggest that be
stated clearly in the recommendation.

Note there are some tricks you can do (that I have discussed before) to
enforce/pass CCXML's declaration
rules while not inside a <script> tag if you are running "LOOSE".

I don't feel strongly one way or the other. However - if you accept that
most javascript usage worldwide is
inside people's web browsers than I can tell you almost none of those
are "STRICT". If we mandate
STRICT there is a potential for a lot of existing script to just not
work inside CCXML, perhaps leading to
a lower adoption rate of CCXML by a frustrated community.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Davis