Does ISSUE-677 pertaining to April CCXML also apply to VoiceXML2.1?

From: Chris Davis <davisc@iivip.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 14:56:46 -0500
To: paolo.baggia@loquendo.com
CC: www-voice@w3.org
Hello Paolo,

Do you know if the above mentioned issue also affects VoiceXML2.1
conformance test
cases? I confess that I have not studied those as strongly as I have the
CCXML IR.

If you don't recall the issue 677 from the list, it is the case where CCXML
has undocumented behavior such that the following 2 snippets of ECMA and
CCXML
are expected to behave differently:
-----------------------
<script><![CDATA[

var id = 1;

function foo()
{
    if( id==1 ) // false; id = undefined here. This is ECMA standard due
to id declaration in same scope down below
    {
    }
    else
    {
        var id = 2; // forces id to be undefined at function entry
    }

}

foo();

]]> </script>
ECMA standard -->
    </else>
        <var name="id" expr="2"/>
    </if>
</transition>

My manager - Wayne - just got back from vacation. He has worked with
Loquendo in the past to set
up our reseller agreement w/Monica and suggested I ask you.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Davis