Re: [scxml] sixth WD of SCXML is published

Jim Barnett wrote:
> Greg,
>  On your specific point below, the global uniqueness of IDs regardless
> of type is part of XMLSchema.

Right, I get that; that's why I was wondering about its use in SCXML (as
opposed to multiple xsd:keys).

 > I don't know what that group's motivation
> was, though I imagine it makes document validation simpler.  In any

I would guess it's mainly for compatibility with DTDs.

> case, given that that's the way XMLSchema works, it's easiest for us to
> adopt their definition.

OK. My main reason for asking was that for implementations with a
non-validating XML parser, it's an extra enforcement step for keyspaces
that I would assume are otherwise naturally separate. (Or at least it is
if you're going for strict SCXML conformance.)

-- Greg