CCXML: using Object in the application scope - example error

From: Petr Kuba <kuba@optimsys.cz>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:01:15 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org
Hello,

We believe that there is an error in the CCXML specification, section 8.4.

The example in this section shows how to create an Object in the
application scope:

   <var name="application.obj" expr="new Object()"/>

We assume that behavior of the <var> tag should be the same as behaviour
  of a var statement within a <script> (although it is not explicitly
stated in the specification). However, the following statement is not
allowed in ECMAScript:

   var application.obj = new Object();

However, it is correct to use the the following statement in ECMAScript:

   application.obj = new Object();

Therefore we believe that correct version of the CCXML example is:

   <assign name="application.obj" expr="new Object()"/>

In this case, the description above the example should be clarified as well.

Thanks for response,

Petr Kuba

--
    Petr Kuba, Project Manager