Bridging behavior clarification

From: Petr Kuba <kuba@optimsys.cz>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:26:25 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org

Please consider the following code:

<join id1="X" id2="X"/>

This is a situation where a connection/conference/dialog is joined to
itself (loopback). We are not sure how to handle it and the CCXML
specification does not mention this case at all. We would appreciate
some clarification of this issue in the specification.

Although we are not sure whether this bahaviour is useful for a dialog
or a conference we have a use case for this code which involves
connection: It can be used for verifying phone line quality where a
testing equipment dials this service, plays tones and listens for these
tones back.

Our questions are:

1. Shall the duplex attribute of the <join> tag have value 'full' or 'half'?

2. Shall this join be allowed also for dialogs and conferences?

Thanks for clarification,

Petr Kuba

    Petr Kuba, Project Manager
    OptimSys, s.r.o