Re: Matching a choice grammar

Hi Raxit,

You definitely understand the correct context of the query and thank you
for pointing this part of spec out. Unfortunately, this does not answer the
question (but it makes it even more interesting).

The problem is that there is no definition of the "menu grammar" term. The
text you cited could suggest that there can be some grammars placed as
direct children of the <menu> tag. These could be called "menu grammars".
However, this is not true - see the following snipped of the VoiceXML 2.0
schema (available at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-voicexml20-20040316/vxml.xsd)

<xsd:element name="menu">
   <xsd:complexType mixed="true">
     <xsd:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
       <xsd:group ref="audio"/>
       <xsd:element ref="choice"/>
       <xsd:group ref="event.handler"/>
       <xsd:element ref="property"/>
       <xsd:element ref="prompt"/>
     </xsd:choice>
     <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:ID"/>
     <xsd:attributeGroup ref="GrammarScope.attrib"/>
     <xsd:attributeGroup ref="Accept.attrib"/>
     <xsd:attribute name="dtmf" type="Boolean.datatype" default="false"/>
   </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

As I have written in the previous post, the only grammars in the menu
subtree are the grammars related to <choice>s. Thus there is no other
possibility that these are the "menu grammars".

Then the "Grammars contained in menu choices cannot specify a scope; if
they do, an error.badfetch is thrown." sentence implies that they cannot
specify a scope because the scope for them is specified globally in the
respective <menu> tag.

Regarding the VoiceXML version number: there is clearly only one possibility

Thanks,

     Pavel