Vxml grammar with termtimeout=0s. How should the intrepeter react?

From: Michel Brabants <Michel.Brabants@telindus.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:33:22 +0200
To: <www-voice@w3.org>

I've written a small vxml-grammar and the product on which we use it is
not reacting like I think it should. Could someone confirm or correct
what the expected behaviour should be according to vxml 2.1?

This is the grammar (I know it could be written better :)):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<grammar xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar" xml:lang="en-US"
         version="1.0" mode="dtmf" root="NatRegNumber">

<rule id="digit" scope="public">

<rule id="NatRegNumber" scope="public">
<!--A National registry number is permitted, or not input.-->
		<item repeat="1-11">
			<ruleref uri="#digit"/>
		<item repeat="0-1">

Termtimeout=0s and there is no termchar. Interdigittimeout and timeout
are 3s. The interpreter doesn't end immediately after the '#', but waits
the interdigittimeout. Shouldn't it end immediately?

Another one. I've written the following grammar:

Termchar is '#' and termtimeout > 0s. If I only enter '#' on the phone,
shouldn't it pass as a valid input because I've entered dtmf input, so
that the no-input can't be thrown (according to the examples in the
specification). The input actually passes the grammar as I allow empty
input. Am I correct or wrong?

Thank you for your help and kind regards,

Michel Brabants
Telindus NV
Geldenaaksebaan 335, B-3001 Heverlee, Belgium

Telindus. Change things your way.