RE: Regarding <transfer> name$.utterance shadow variable value for DTMF input scenario

From: Rajesh N <rajeshn@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:26:42 +0530
To: www-voice@w3.org
Cc: tgoebel@voiceobjects.com

Thanks for your response, Tobias.

Yeah, an initial reading of the spec gave me the impression that
mycall$.utterance should be in this case "123*45". But, a second read raised
this query as to why the utterance shadow variable holds different meanings
for SPEECH and DTMF inputs.

Also, as you rightly pointed out, there is a confusion between the values
for <transfer_formitem_name>$.utterance and
application.lastresult$[i].utterance too. In the formitem case, the spec
says it must be the DTMF result, whereas for
application.lastresult$[i].utterance, the spec says "this variable will
contain the matched digit string. "

Could the working group kindly clarify this point?

Regards
Rajesh