<disconnect/> on outbound call

From: Rethish <rethishkumarps@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:40:59 +0800
To: www-voice@w3.org
Cc: ranjit@huawei.com
Hi,

 I find some ambiguity in the CCXML specification regarding the nature of
<disconnect/> handling while an outbound call is in progress.

10.2.1: Connection State:

    The figure illustrates that a connection.disconnected in PROGRESSING
state transitions to FAILED state.

    But, the table below this mentions that a connection.disconnected is
received for an outbound call in progress when the <createcall> request was
abandoned at the request of the application (using <disconnect>). "The
Connection Object transitions to the DISCONNECTED state."

Is there any other case where a connection.disconnected can be received
while an outbound call is in progress that would lead to FAILED state?

10.5.9: <disconnect> mentions:

A CCXML document may use <disconnect> to abandon an outbound connection
created using <createcall> which has not yet entered the CONNECTED state. "
If <disconnect> is used to abandon an outbound call, it results in the
generation of a 'connection.failed' event."

IMHO the handling of <disconnect/> contradicts each other in the two
sections. Please let me know your opinion on this.

Thanks & regards
Rethish