RE: SISR: Can global tags be placed after the first rule?

Charles Oppermann wrote:

> Can a global tag element appear after the first rule element
> in a SISR XML file?  The following example, modified from
> the 4.2 section of the specification, illustrates what I mean.
>
> [...]
>
> The spec seems to indicate that the number and ordering of
> the tag elements does not matter in the grammar header.
> However, under the 4.2 Example for XML Form, there is the
> following comment:
> "In the XML Form, global SI Tags are SI Tags that appear
> outside all rules in the grammar header and before the
> first rule."

The wording "in the grammar header and before the first rule"
is redundant.
And if it was not redundant, it would mean that SI tags after
the first rule are not global SI tags...

The SISR spec (4.2) says:
"The header of an [SRGS] grammar may contain one or more global
SI Tags"
Equally, the SRGS spec (4.1) indicates that tags are part of the
header, and says (subsection "XML Form: Header Summary"):
"Rule definitions follow the lexicon, meta, metadata and tag declarations."

Therefore, your modified grammar is illegal w.r.t SRGS+SISR specifications.

Best regards.

--Serge Le Huitouze

Checked by AVG Free Edition.