SISR: Can global tags be placed after the first rule?

From: Charles Oppermann <chuckop@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 15:21:58 -0700
To: "www-voice@w3.org" <www-voice@w3.org>

Can a global tag element appear after the first rule element in a SISR XML file?  The following example, modified from the 4.2 section of the specification, illustrates what I mean.

<grammar version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar" xml:lang="en-US" tag-format="semantics/1.0" root="rule">

  <tag>var x=1;</tag>

  <rule id="rule">
    <one-of>
      <item>yes</item>
      <item>no</item>
    </one-of>
  </rule>

  <tag>var y='abcd';</tag>

</grammar>

The spec seems to indicate that the number and ordering of the tag elements does not matter in the grammar header.  However, under the 4.2 Example for XML Form, there is the following comment:

"In the XML Form, global SI Tags are SI Tags that appear outside all rules in the grammar header and before the first rule."

Since this appears in the Examples section and doesn't appear to be mentioned elsewhere, I'd like to get clarification from the group.  Thank you.

Charles Oppermann | Program Manager | Speech Components | Microsoft Corporation
http://blogs.msdn.com/chuckop/