RE: SCXML: Conflict definition

From: Serge Voloshenyuk <serge_voloshenyuk@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-voice@w3.org
Yes, You are right and I'm stupid.
I look at intersection but think about difference.

But now another example.
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"

  <state id="main">
    <transition event="error.*"  target="failure"/>

    <parallel id="prl">
       <state id="p1">
          <transition event="error.*">
             <log expr="_eventdata"/>
       <state id="p2">

  <final id="failure"/>
  <final id="success"/>
According to yours  SelectTransitions algorithm, transition to <failure> from <main> will be executed always.
 Because <p2> branch doesn't have error handling.
 But is this behavior what we like?
 Maybe user have forgotten put error handler just because <p2> doesn't have error prone actions.
 Now he has to put trivial transition to all parallel branches.
 But this can be concerned to other events too (not error.*).
 My offer: Searching in the state's ancestors must be stopped on parallel state if at least one branch of the parallel state has matching transition.

Best regards, Serge.

TV dinner still cooling?