[SCXML] Reusing code through functions/templates

From: Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:04:48 -0800 (PST)
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hello guys,

I have been discussing about possibilities to reuse
code within SCXML and I wanted to know about the plans
to offer those possibilities within the SCXML
Specification [1].

Basically wherever executable content exists there is
a clear need to reuse code and to apply DRY some way
of grouping code in functions/routines/templates is
needed.

Currently I see the following possibilities and I
would like to know about any others and of course if
there is already a preference among them.

1. <invoke>
2. <script>
3. Just as a proposal, I think an XSLT templating
alike mechanism (just in terms of the syntax) could be
used to be able to call passing parameters a given
template that in turns could return some result.

Thanks,

-Nestor