SCXML: Expression Languages

From: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:15:54 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hello,

Another question. I have been spying (sorry for doing that :) ) the
editor's draft and I have found that you are planning to make XPATH as
the mandatory expression language in detriment of EcmaScript.

I'm a bit concerned about it, I think that there are a bunch of
applications that deal with objects as their data model and not XML. I
think that you are about to making the same mistake as with XForms in
which the data model is always XML and IMHO it limits XFORMS adoption.

Also I think it should be taken into account that current experimental
implementations of SCXML (such as Apache) use non-XPATH expression
languages ...

Thanks and Best regards