SCXML: Transition spec reuse

From: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 13:51:21 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org

Dear all,

I think the following use case is not really covered by the current
SCXML spec:

Suppose that I need to specify a transition that will always occur
independently of the current state. For example, in a Mobile Web
Application when the user press the 'Home' link I always want to
navigate to the home page.

If I need to specify this behaviour in every application state it will
be unmaintanable.

I suggest to allow the specification of transitions as children of the
<scxml> root element and that transitions will apply to any of the
states defined in the SCXML, (if there is no an specific transition in
any state that overwrites it. )

Thanks and best regards