From: Serge Voloshenyuk <serge_voloshenyuk@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-voice@w3.org
Really <final>'s <onexit> relates to parent state.
But it can be helpful in case of multiple <final>s.
Otherwise parent <onexit> can be very intricate.

Apropos the same argument can be applied to attribute "task".
Using only <log> in case of <parallel> can essentially complicate programmer's life.

I mean in both case user will have to use complex <if cond=""> statements with In() predicates.

So in this case <onentry>and<onexit> doesn't have any semantic  distinction.

<parallel> state can't have <final> as child. See  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2007AprJun/0008.html