Suggestion for grammar element in VoiceXML 2.1

From: harbhanu <harbhanu@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:17:45 +0530
To: www-voice@w3.org
Hi,

VoiceXML 2.1 specification extends the <grammar> element to support
dynamically generated URIs for grammar.(by addition of 'srcexpr' attribute).

I suggest that the same should only be allowed for formitem level grammars.
Otherwise for all the grammars declared at dialog scope (or above), the URI
has to re-evaluated and the grammar has to be defined again for each input
item. This actually defies the concept of keeping a grammar at dialog level.

Also, am not able to find any use case to have the same (at dialog level or
above) in any VoiceXML document.

Since, this is not added as a restriction in VoiceXML2.1 specification, all
the compliant processors will anyways has to support this. So, this can be
added as a restriction for grammar element with 'srcexpr' attribute.

  Please let me know about your comments on this.

  Regards,

  Harbhanu