[scxml] else, elseif syntax

From: Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:53:22 -0800 (PST)
To: "www-voice@w3.org" <www-voice@w3.org>

Hi guys,

I have been working with scxml for a while now and I
have noticed a major debugging problem a developer
might find if <else>, <elseif> tags are empty as
proposed.

IMHO I would use openning and closing tags for those
elements (<lese></else>) since it is:

1)More pure XML approach since those tags are not
really empty (They hold nodes expressing assignments
for example). Empty tags like <br/> in XHTML make
sense because they are not containers but <else> is a
container in SCXML.

2)It allows a developer to see with an XML editor
better the code since expanding and collapsing the
<else> node will really mean showing and hiding the
corresponding code.

Thanks,

-Nestor

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030