Thesis on say-as values

From: Eira Monstad <eiram@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:20:49 +0100
To: www-voice@w3.org

Cheers,

I have recently defended my master thesis "Automatic semantic tagging of
numerical expressions for supporting speech syntesis[1]. The thesis
investigates the current values and possible future extentions the say-as
element on an empirical basis for the languages Norwegian and English, and
goes on to describe a method for automated say-as tagging of unrestricted
text. Especially the first part may be interesting for people in this
group.

[1]
http://epistel.no/master/Automatic%20semantic%20tagging%20of%20numerical%20expressions%20for%20supporting%20speech%20synthesis.pdf

--