Learning VXML

From: Sanjaya Vitharana <sanjaya@wavenet.lk>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:13:20 +0530
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi ... !!!

I'm Learning VXML & Try to develop VXML interpreter/context kind thing to add the VXML support to a traditional IVR System. I have some Q's & those are might be simple for someone, but I need to understand what those are mean for. Please Help.

NOTE: If this is not the proper place to forward messages like this, please guide me to the proper mailing list.

I'm referring theVoiceXML 2.0 @ http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-voicexml20-20040316

1.)
It says
2.1.6.1 Initialization Phase -"Internal prompt counter variables (in the form's dialog scope)"
2.1.6.2.2 Collect phase -"item's prompt counter"

What is the difference of "Internal prompt counter" & "item's prompt counter" ? Are there 2 prompt counters for dialog scope & item scope ? Actually can anyone explane the purpose of prompt counter's in VXML ? Why we need it ?

2.)
What are the prompt conditions ??

3.)
Also 2.1.6.2.2 Collect phase says "field level grammar(s) and any active higher-level grammars"
What is the difference between "field level grammar(s)" & "higher-level grammars" ? And how we know those are "active" or not ?

4.)
Appendix C - Form Interpretation Algorithm - In the FIA refer to some "just_filled" flags. What is it? scope & update/reset points of this flag ?

5.) Are there any simple examples of how above counters & conditions should use in VXML application development ?

Thanks in advance

Sanjaya Vitharana