Re: Comments on "Authorizing Read Access to XML Content Using the <?access-control?> Processing Instruction 1.0"

[please keep me on the cc list as I am not on the www-voice mailing list]

Brad Porter wrote:

> We have found the access-control PI to be extremely useful; especially
> useful for AJAX-enabled browsing.
>
> The Voice Browser Working Group has no plans to publish this as a
> Recommendation.  We decided that, as a general security mechanism, it
> fell out-of-scope of the Working Group's Charter to spend the effort to
> take to Recommendation.
>
> If you would like to champion this within other working groups, we'd be
> happy to help.

We would indeed like to move this spec forward. It is not yet clear which
working group we would be doing this under. I am not (yet) a member of the
groups Bjoern mentions, though they do seem appropriate.

While we work out which group to do this under, would it be possible for
us to begin work on fixing the various problems that we have noticed?

Cheers,