Interest in SSML implementation report results

From: Froehlich, Peter <froehlich@FTW.at>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:51:31 +0100
To: <www-voice@w3.org>

Dear colleagues,

I am interested in SSML1.0 from the viewpoint of a usability researcher. I am interested to which extent SSML1.0 is able to support the user in listening to synthetic speech.

Thus I was wondering whether there are any test results on user reactions to SSML features in various application areas, such as email readers or information services, beyond the implementation reports from Loquendo, France Telecom, and Scansoft available at the VoiceXML mailing list.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with some hints or references in this regard.

Best regards,

Peter Fröhlich

Mag. Peter Fröhlich

Usability Researcher

ftw. Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien

Tech Gate Vienna | Donau-City-Str. 1 | A-1220 Wien

tel: +43 1 5052 830 85

fax: +43 1 5052 830 99

email: froehlich@ftw.at <mailto:froehlich@ftw.at>

www: http://userver.ftw.at/~frohlich/ <http://userver.ftw.at/~frohlich/>