Re: VoiceXML 2.1: VoiceXML media types

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:41:07 +0100
To: "Matt Oshry" <matto@tellme.com>
Cc: <www-voice@w3.org>

* Matt Oshry wrote:
>The suggested media type used for VoiceXML 2.1 is the same as for
>VoiceXML 2.0. The registration request for this media type is still
>pending within the IETF. If the registration is accepted, the VBWG will
>consider updating the errata for VoiceXML 2.0 or, if there is time, add
>an informative appendix to VoiceXML 2.1.

My understanding is that the IESG approved the registration, publication
as RFC is not significant at this point. I also don't think that an in-
formative appendix would be appropriate here, my initial request was to
clearly point out which media types must be supported by VoiceXML 2.1
implementations, which an informative appendix cannot define.